September

September

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Fun Family Celebration


I have a great family that puts up with me and my celebrations. Last week, on the 23rd, (as noted below in a blog) was William Shakepeare's birthday. Each Sunday we have a family dinner and who ever can will come, so last Sunday instead of the regular family dinner we celebrated the Bard's birthday with a feast! We had fans in case we got too hot.

Plenty of trivia questions to try to answer.

Yes, I made everyone wear a hat or flower crown for pictures. Some lasted longer than others in wearing the hats.

Books and information to look at and learn more about WS's life.


But the best part was the food!

We started with cheese curds, grapes, and apples.

Then moved on to the mushy herb and pea soup with shepards bread.

Next came the geletin filled oranges...YUM!


Then the main dish of lemon and onion stuffed cornish game hens and herb roasted potatoes.

And topped it all off with our favorite English dessert, Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch sauce and cream! YUM YUM!!!


The kids loved to color, sword fight, and put on puppet shows throughout the meal. They are good sports for me and it was a lot of fun! It was also a good excues for me to dress up which I love to do. Happy 445th birthday Mr. Shakespeare!

2 comments:

davidandsuzi said...

It looks super cute, as always! I'm sad I had to miss my favorite geletin filled oranges. Sniff, sniff. Thanks for including a photo with Beth's baby belly. Got anymore?

Tami Allred said...

Leslie, You are amazing. How fun. Love your dress. I really, really, really want to go to England with you. You're the expert.