September

September

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It’s amazing to me how I think I have so much to write about until I actually sit down to do it, then my mind goes blank. I think the motto of my blog should be a quote from Shakespeare’s play, “Measure for Measure”:

“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”

Too many times in my life I have missed out of doing things because of my doubts but now I try not to. Here is another of my favorite quotes of his, (I promise no more than two Shakespeare quotes per-posting):
“Henry the Fourth, Part One”, It says:

“The time of life is short, to spend that shortness basely…”

I think that is great advice to remember in our day to day living.
There’s more great advice from the Bard that I will give you from time to time. Just wait until I am in a CS Lewis mood!

Below are a few pictures from our Shakepeare Birthday Dinner that we had in April. His birthday is April 23 and this year he would have been 444 years old. My kids and friends like to humor me because it is a great excuse to dress up, and to make the guys wear a great hat, which only Michael left on past the taking of the pictures.







1 comment:

bkbills said...

We look forward to and love to attend this...ummm...one of a kind event every year! Thanks for doing it for us!