September

September

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Top Five Christmas Movie Picks

As fas as I'm concered, the Holiday season starts on November 1st. However, there are some things I can't do until after Thanksgiving. One is put up the Christmas decorations. The second, is break out the Christmas movies. Now, every holiday at out house has a list of movies that we (I) watch to celebrate the holiday, so I thought I would let you know about some of my favorite Christmas movies.
First and on top of the list, is "The Christmas Story". I always watch this on Thanksgiving Day as I am cooking. It is the best of all and so funny!
Next is one you might not have heard of. It is "Christmas in Connecticut" with Barbara Stanwyck. It is one of the rare comedies that she was in and she is great. Sydney Greenstreet, who is always a "bad guy" is also in this and he is perfect and also very funny. Check this one out if you can find it (or call me, I have it).
I know my third pick is probably everyone else's first, but next is "It's a Wonderful Life". AHHHH, Jimmy Stewart.... What more needs to be said.
Then we get to "A Christmas Carol". My favorite version, (and I have 5 different versions, including "The Muppet Christmas Carol"-very funny!) is the 1951 version starring Alastair Sims. It is a classic and he is the best Ebenezer Scrooge.
Last in my top five, and I do watch them in this order is "Miracle on 34th Street" with Natalie Woods. I love every character and actor in this movie! And because it starts on Thanksgiving, it is on my Thanksgiving and Christmas movie list!
Check out these movies, and during the upcoming month I will let you know of other great Christmas movies, some you might not have ever heard of.
Have a Great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

bkbills said...

I think you've passed this one on. I have a list of movies I watch too. But where is "ELF"? That should be on the list! Also, hurry up and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" so I can borrow it.

davidandsuzi said...

"It's a Wonderful Life" is a classic of course! David and I also enjoy "The Muppet Christmas Carol". Especially the rats!

davidandsuzi said...

I forgot to mention "Meet me in St. Louis". I know the whole movie isn't about Christmas but my favorite version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" sung by Judy Garland is on there!

markandaubrey said...

Great Christmas movies! My family always votes for A Christmas Story! We are still trying to convince Mark how great it is.