September

September

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The media helped me make up my mind!

As much as the mainstream media has tried to do otherwise, they have helped me make up my mind to vote for the Republican ticket. Let me tell you how they convinced me to come to this conclusion.
It was in the interviews that I saw of the 2 candidates. I think of all the interviews I have watched (and I have watched a lot of them) the best and most informative was of Reverend Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church in CA. He interviewed both men individually and asked each one the exact same questions. If you can watch it I highly recommend you do so. The differences were very clear!
Each time I saw the candidates on the “mainstream media,” I noticed the difference in the questions asked of the candidates. It is as if they are afraid of what Barack Obama will say so they don’t ask him the same type of questions that they ask John McCain. It seems like they are unsure he can handle the questions and don’t want to make him look bad. Then, when McCain answers the tough questions, they don’t like the answers and get very “snooty” (my choice of word) and condescending with him or Gov. Palin. Joe Biden, now that’s a no brainer, you listen to him and you know why he’s not an option. I haven’t watched him without feeling embarrassed for what he says. The most informative interview of Obama was on Bill O’Reilly and he answered tough questions for the first time, but I didn’t agree with his answers!


I wish I could get a list comparing questions asked of the different candidates (especially from “The View”- I was so embarrassed for the ladies to see them drooling over Obama). Here is one list of questions to show you the difference between what Obama was asked and what Palin was asked, and the source of this information. Ironically, the Hillary Clinton Forum published this list of the Obama questions:

-How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?

-How does it feel to "win"?

-How does your family feel about your "winning" breaking a glass ceiling?

-Who will be your VP?Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?

-Will you accept public finance?

-What issues is your campaign about?

-Will you visit Iraq?

-Will you debate McCain at a town hall?

-What did you think of your competitor's [Clinton] speech?

And the Palin questions:

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you're seeking?

-Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?

-Aren't you conceited to be seeking this high level job?

Questions about foreign policy

-territorial integrity of Georgia

-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO-NATO treaty

-Iranian nuclear threat

-what to do if Israel attacks Iran

-Al Qaeda motivations

-the Bush Doctrine

-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan

-Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

from American thinker: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/09/charlie_gibsons_interview_ques.html

The “mainstream media” apparently doesn't believe that Obama can speak to the great problems of the country. He can’t even handle tough questions from individuals that clearly want him to win. In this way I totally agree with the media that he is not up for the job of President... hence my choice was helped by the media’s coverage or lack of coverage of the 2 candidates.
(Blogs are great for venting!!!!)

No comments: