September

September

Monday, July 28, 2008

Want some fun? See Momma Mia!!!!


What could be better than seeing Cary Grant and James Stewart together in a movie??? I will tell you… seeing Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth together in a movie and all the ABBA songs you love!!! You might ask, but can they sing? Well, if you had seen Brosnan in “Evelyn”, or Firth in “The Importance of Being Ernest” you wouldn’t be surprised. They can sing, (although Irish Pub songs suits Brosnan better), but this movie was so fun you didn’t really mind. I have seen the play twice so I was very skeptical about it being made into a movie. Rarely does Hollywood do a re-make correctly but this one was fun. I was laughing and crying (the song “Slipping Through My Fingers”, sob, sob!) and I want so much to visit any Greek island. It was also fun to see ABBA members, Benny and Bjorn in cameos. I suppose I should mention that all the other cast members were even greater that Pierce and Colin as far as the singing in concerned. I highly recommend this film if you want to have fun! (p.s., remind me sometime to tell you about “Evelyn”, another hidden gem of a movie!)

2 comments:

markandaubrey said...

I really want to see Momma Mia. Mark, Phil and I went to the Batman on Saturday. I tried to talk them into Momma Mia but they wouldn't go for it.

Bonnie said...

I haven't seen the movie but saw it on Broadway in New York and LOVED it! My hubby took me and he even like it. Cute story, great music and just lots of fun!!