September

September

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Government is Dumber than a 1st Grader!

I have just about had it with all of our Political Leaders! With all the economic problems, they still insist on spending money they don't have! It doesn't matter which party, they are all SPENDERS of our money!
I heard someone ask a question this week and it hit me really hard. Here is the question: "If companies have to lay off employees in order to save money for their businesses, shouldn't the Government also be laying off in order to save our tax dollars"? Yet, I heard on today's news that government jobs are booming because of all this bail out money our politicians are spending.
If we as citizen's are asked to sacrifice, I expect the same of our leaders (I use the term "leaders" very loosely). I would like to know of one thing each of them are willing to sacrifice for the good of the country. Can you imagine how many billions of $$$$ would be saved if they each sacrificed 1 "pork project"?!? (My Shakespeare quote really applies to our "leaders")
Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

2 comments:

KatieJ said...

This made me laugh because I saw the title in my Reader list and I expected it to be 1 of a couple people who are usually ranting about the gov't, but it was you! Oh well- yes it is disturbing and scary- China is going to own us very shortly...

Lori said...

Amen! That is so crazy!